MAN TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Murphy Cassone, Fr., ARIZONA STATE (Overland Park, Kan.)
- Playing at No. 1 in singles, No. 67 Murphy Cassone posted his second consecutive top-10 upset with a three-set victory over No. 9 Daniel De Jonge (7-5, 2-6, 7-5 ) in the tightness of the ASU. loss to No. 21 Pepperdine.
- Cassone also picked up his fourth doubles victory of the season with a 6-3 decision over De Jonge and Andrew Rogers of the Waves.
ALSO NOMINEES: Jesper Klov-Nilsson, Oregon; Arthur Fery, Stanford; Drew Baird, UCLA; Franco Capalbo, Utah.
FEMALE TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Anastasia Goncharova, Sr., UTAH (Evanston, Ill.)
- Recorded a pair of singles wins and a doubles win to help Utah earn doubles wins over Washington State (4-3) and Minnesota (4-0) and their best start in the league history of the program at 10-0.
- The senior picked up the win over the Cougars on Friday, with a three-set victory on Court No. 4 over WSU’s Elyse Tse (6-7(6), 6-1, 6-3).
- Remained undefeated in singles (9-0) with a straight-set victory over Minnesota’s Vasia Karvouni (7-5, 6-1). Also improved to 8-1 in doubles with a No. 2 court win over the Golden Gophers.
ALSO NOMINEES: Belen Nevenhoven, Arizona; Mila Stanojevic, Colorado; Karin Young, Oregon; Snow Han, USC; Michaela Bayerlova, Washington State.
PAC-12 MEN’S AND WOMEN’S TENNIS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK 2022