Notts Sport Boys Schools Championship Final April 27


Even though the sun was not shining on Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Center yesterday, the competitions got spectators’ blood flowing with gripping and exciting matches.

The Notts Sports Boys Schools Championships kicked off with the U16 Tier 2 Final, it took Henry Swan of Dean Close School 14 minutes to slip past Archie Stone of Bromsgrove School.

Harvey Heavan extended Dean Close School’s lead with just minutes left in the first half. The second half really heated up when Dean Close School scored another 5 with goals from William Waltham, captain Kasper Philip-Sorenson, Artur Daenart and Henry Swan. The match ended 7-0.

The second game of the day was the U16 Tier 1 Final, Repton School opened the scoresheet with a goal in the 11and minute from Augustus Wenham, Conor Yap equalized for Whitgift in the 34thand minute. The two teams battled relentlessly for the next 30 minutes, but it was Wilf Snashall for Whitgift who scored the final goal, sealing the deal for Whitgift.

The U18 T2 final drew crowds as Bradfield College took on Magdalen College School in what proved to be a biting and gripping affair. It was Bradfield College’s Louis Sheffield just 8 minutes away who hit the net first, second came captain Thomas Creighton who took his side into the second half in the lead. Alex Laird was inspired by the halftime speech and put Magdalen College School back in the game. After an intense 24 minutes, Louis Sheffield mowed down another former keeper Will Slatter to make it 3-1 at Bradfield College. Two minutes later Will Laird fought back bringing Magdalen College School within 1. It was James Coles who scored the next and as the crowd erupted Magdalen College School celebrated the equaliser. In the 70sand minute Bradfield College were shown a yellow card giving Magdalen College School a player advantage, Freddie Mcelwaine-Johnn capitalized by scoring the winning goal for Magdalen College School.

A scoreless first half kept fans in the U18 T3 final on the edge of their seats. Both teams were eager to score to give their side an advantage. In the 46and minute, Piers Copeland found the back of the net for Newcastle-under-Lyme School. The two teams continued to play each other but Oliver Powers ensured his team won the cup, the match ended Kimbolton School 0 – 2 Newcastle-under-Lyme School.


Comments are closed.