Have you ever wondered who the richest tennis player in the world is?
Novak Djokovic? Roger Federer? Serena williams?
If you follow tennis religiously, you will probably think that it was one of the guys or girls who dominated the circuit.
But is this really the case?
Before the next one open from Australia, here is a list of the 20 richest tennis players in the world and their net worth, by Wealthy Gorilla figures.
The 20 richest tennis players in the world in 2020
20. Ana Ivanovic – $ 16 million
19. Chris Evert – $ 16 million
18. Jim Courier – $ 18 million
17. Billie Jean King – $ 20 million
16. Agnieszka RadwaÅska – $ 25 million
15. Andy Roddick – $ 30 million
14. Bjorn Borg – $ 40 million
13. Li Na – $ 50 million
12. Anna Kournikova – $ 50 million
11. Venus Williams – $ 95 million
10. John McEnroe – $ 100 million
9. Andy Murray – $ 100 million
8. Maria Sharapova – $ 135 million
7. Pete Sampras – $ 150 million
6. AndrÃ© Agassi – 175 million dollars
5. Serena Williams – $ 180 million
Serena is one of the best tennis players of all time. She has won an impressive 18 Grand Slam tournaments and has been ranked world number 1 five times during her career.
Not to mention winning Olympic gold at the London, Sydney and Beijing Olympics.
Besides the astronomical amount she earns from tournaments, $ 10-20 million of her earnings per year comes from sponsorships, deals and endorsements. This makes her the richest tennis player of all time.
4. Rafael Nadal – $ 180 million
The Spanish matador has won 20 Grand Slam tournaments totaling $ 103 million from prizes alone.
Nadal is one of the most popular tennis players of all time and made the rest of his money through sponsorship and sponsorship deals.
3. Novak Djokovic – $ 200 million
Djokovkic is a professional tennis player from Serbia who has won all tennis tournaments except the Olympics.
This includes the US Open, Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon, Davis Cup and all Masters competitions.
Therefore, it’s no surprise that he racked up $ 119 million in cash prizes.
Moreover, the legendary Serbian turned pro in 2003 and holds the longest record in weeks, ranked world number 1.
2. Roger Federer – $ 450 million
Arguably the GOAT, Federer is one of the richest tennis players and athletes in the world.
Since turning pro in 1999, the Swiss have won all grand slams and been ranked number 1 in the world on several occasions. He holds the record for most titles at Wimbledon with 8.
Federer was the youngest player to make the ATP top 100 in 2000 and now at 40, he still has not officially retired from the tour.
1. Ionic Tiriac – $ 2 billion
Topping the list is Ion Tiriac who enjoyed some success as a professional tennis player reaching the quarter-finals at Roland Garros in 1968 and being ranked 19th in the world in doubles in 1970.
However, the vast majority of his wealth came after his retirement from the sport. Tiriac founded a private bank in 1990 and became the first Romanian to appear on Forbes’ billionaire list in 2007.
News Now – Sports News